Re: Ethernet not so good.

Tony,

On Wed, 29 Dec 1999, Tony Mantler wrote:
> Speaking of the troubles you described, have you tried moving your machine
> to a different network and reproducing your troubles? I'm no ethernet guru,
> but I would expect the ethernet frame errors to be entirely the
> responsibility of the ethernet hardware rather than the driver, perhaps
> being triggered by a poor ethernet cable or braindead hub or something.

I am tempted to cart it into my office - and may yet if this goes on much
longer. My inclination would be to say that hardware is OK due to working
fine (all troublesome protocals) under MacOS on same machine. But I am a
real rookie when it comes to networking HW/SW.

Lon

ps - I've tried talking my daughter out of her iMac, but I guess I'll have
to wait before I can give up my quadra ;)