Re: Ethernet not so good.

At 8:01 PM -0600 12/29/99, Lon Shapiro wrote:
>On Wed, 29 Dec 1999, Tony Mantler wrote:
>> On a completely unrelated note, why are the nubus interrupts being checked
>> on every VIA1 interrupt? I thought we got rid of that.
>
>Hmmm, maybe this is all due to the dynaport driver that is being used -
>I'll try recompiling with an updated tree and use the 89.. driver(s)
>instead. Someone stop me if I am headed off in a wildly wrong direction.

My comment had little to do with the ethernet driver itself, instead the
way the kernel responds to and checks for slot interrupts.

It should have no effect on the troubles you described.

Speaking of the troubles you described, have you tried moving your machine
to a different network and reproducing your troubles? I'm no ethernet guru,
but I would expect the ethernet frame errors to be entirely the
responsibility of the ethernet hardware rather than the driver, perhaps
being triggered by a poor ethernet cable or braindead hub or something.

PS: if someone wants to donate an 660/840av to me, it might help get the
built-in ethernet supported. :)

Cheers - Tony :)

--
Tony Mantler         Renaissance Nerd Extraordinaire         eek@escape.ca