Re: Ethernet not so good.

[Michael Schmitz]
> Are you sure telnetd or ftpd are enabled on your machine?

Yes, this is what is in inetd.conf:

#:STANDARD: These are standard services.
ftp             stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/tcpd
telnet          stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/tcpd

Also, I can ftp and telnet via loopback no problem. Here is my routing

Destination  Gateway      Genmask         Flags   MSS Window  irtt Iface   U         0 0          0 eth0       U         0 0          0 lo         UG        0 0          0 eth0

> But the outgoing connections should still work. I recall others on
> linux-mac68k reporting ICMP packets working fine but TCP being broken,
> but don't remember the fix for it (might be a bug in the code copying
> large data packets to/from the Nubus card).

Would that show up in ifconfig's error report?

> What kernel does show this problem?  Did you try a more recent kernel
> version?

 2.2.10 #1 Fri Oct 15 12:37:26 EDT 1999 m68k unknown

compiled from cvs repository. I need to try some of the 2.3.x's but the
last time I tried them (a few months back and before I got the nubus NIC)
they weren't booting for me.