Re: X11 and backing up

On Thu, 11 Nov 1999, Edward S. Baiz Jr. wrote:

> Well I d/l all files I needed to get xcdroast to run. Now I have a
> stupid question. When I try to run it, I get a prompt talking about
> that the programs needs root permission or something like that. How do
> I invoke the "su" command in X11? I know I can do it in Xterm, but that
> of course does not work.
install sudo
config it (visudo IIRC), better read the docs first. even better first set
EDITOR to an editor you can use (ie joe), otherwise youll have to edit taht
file with vi. ESC :q! if youre stuck in vi..
then "sudo xcdroast"

> Also Christian I would like to report that re-installed XDM and
> Xserver-fbdel (I believe that is the name) and while they were loading
> in, I got the messages asking me if I wanted to overwrite the existing
> free86.config file and also telling me about the mouse device. This
> time I said yes to both and the link between the /dev/atarimouse and
> /dev/mouse was created.
excellent :-)

Ciao,
Christian.
--
Read the FAQ!                     http://www.linux-m68k.org/faq/faq.html
Download the FAQ!   ftp://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/Linux/680x0/FAQ/FAQ.gz