Re: KDE

On Thu, 11 Nov 1999, Edward S. Baiz Jr. wrote:

> >> Cool. I will give it a try and let you know just how it goes.
> >How it _not_ goes... but I really like it when it goes. Have fun.
>
> You just never know what will happen.
id love to hear it works...

> Hmmm??? Well I am mostly sling with some potato files installed. KDE
> just recently received an upgrade. I was on their website. I thought I
> would give it a try. If it does not work, what is the best window
> display manager for X11?? XDM is ok, but I would to get 24-bit color
> and have a nice desktop like I have on my regular OS.
xdm is not a window manager and AFAIK there are no KDE debs for m68k (qt
does not even compile (ie run) properly...)
but build them if you want.
24-bit color? wowo...
Im using fvwm2, windows fans like fvwm95. If you want something flashy try
enlightment (its a wm, isnt it?) or search the x11 directory.
Oh, I forgot gnome, which is the _good_ (ie !evil) alternative to kde.

Good night,
Christian.
--
Read the FAQ!                     http://www.linux-m68k.org/faq/faq.html
Download the FAQ!   ftp://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/Linux/680x0/FAQ/FAQ.gz