Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 11:35:23 +0100 (CET)
From: Mikael Svenson <mikaels@funcom.com>
To: Michael Schmitz <schmitz@simul.biophys.uni-duesseldorf.de>
Subject: Quadra 950

Hi,
I don«t know if I should have posted this to the mc debian mailing list,
but here goes anyway. I«ve gotten hold of a Quadra 950 which I«m trying to
install Debian on. I downloaded the latest 2.1 disk set which was
released, but upon boot it didn«t have keyboard support. So, I got the
latest rootmac.bin from eradicator, and I downloaded the latest 2.2.x
kernel. Now it boots fine, but most of the times it won«t find my scsi
drive, just the cdrom. The times it has found the hd, i«ve had troubles
with installing the rest of the files. It stops when trying to mount the
resc1440.bin from my /debian dir which is on my mac volume.

I think I have read just about all the old mailinglist archives and the
install text. Is there a newer snapshot anywhere which can be downloaded
and installed, or should i do something different.

The boot paramater I use is:
root=/dev/ram mac5380=4,2 mac53c9x=1 video=font:VGA8x8

I have a Fireball 1.2gb disk btw :)

Any help would be appreciated..... maybe I should go to sleep soon after
staying awake for 24h at this compŒuter party in sweden
(http://www.dreamhack.org)

[anon ftp address trimmed]

Have a nice day :)

--