Re: Mounting TOS partition

>The internal HD of my Atari TT was installed under TOS with the old AHDI
>(= plain TOS-partitioning) divided into 10 partitions
>(yeah, a perhaps a little bit exaggerated) and later, after upgrading to
>MagiC transformed to VFAT. All partitions, including C (FAT only), are
>addressed under MagiC with HDDriver now and can be mounted without
>exceptions under Debian Linux 2.0 and 2.1!
>
>Mounting command is:
>
>mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt

Does this mean I have to have Magic?? I do use HDDriver. I will try it
out and see. Thanks much. I am using Ataboot to boot Linux and install
the program. For some reason my IDE drive is not an option to be used
to help install the base. I may just have to copy the neccessary files
to my ext2 partition and go from there. FreeMint allows r/w of ext2
partitions. BTW, just what filesystem does a TOS partition use???

>Regards,
>
>Kerstin

Edward S. Baiz Jr.
    (Gamer)
HADES 060: 140meg Ram, Yamaha CDRW drive, 1 gig Jaz
 drive, MicroTek E3 scanner, Mach 64 w/4meg Ram, Epson
 Photo 700 printer, 33.6 US Robotics modem
PROGRAMS: Extendos Gold, Cab 2.7, ScanX, STiK2, aFTP,
 Calamus SL99, Newsie, Popwatch, Papyrus 5, Photoline,
 Nova driver 2.67, NVDI 5