Re: Mounting TOS partition

Hi Edward,

On Sat, 18 Sep 1999, Edward S. Baiz Jr. wrote:

> >Mounting command is:
> >
> >mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt
>
> Does this mean I have to have Magic?? I do use HDDriver. I will try it

No, I don't think so. Other people have TOS, Minix and ext2 and cope with
all of them.

> out and see. Thanks much. I am using Ataboot to boot Linux and install
> the program.

Hmm, you are at the point the Debian install programm is run, not in the
later parts, where you use dselect or apt-get? I try to recall the
installation procedure.

> For some reason my IDE drive is not an option to be used
> to help install the base.

It is not listed in the Debian install routine when you have to choose the
place from where to load base? If nothing works, you might as well burn
the base-archive to CD-ROM. Perhaps it accepts this. The thing is: I
cannot recall, that you have to type in a complete mounting command line
at this stage of installation. The install doc says only something about
choosing the path, which would be /dev/hda1 or similar from a menu of
accessible partitions.

> I may just have to copy the neccessary files to my ext2 partition and go
> from there.

Hmm, it shouldn't be necessary. At that stage you don't have a Linux
system installed on your harddisk, it's supposed, that you are forced to
leave the install menu to copy files.

> FreeMint allows r/w of ext2
> partitions. BTW, just what filesystem does a TOS partition use???

Plain TOS uses FAT16 and MagiC VFAT16.

Unfortunately I cannot help further on for a week. I am off to a congress
until next sunday. I hope you can manage.

Regards,

Kerstin

--

	kerstin.hoef-emden@uni-koeln.de