Re: Can't start X (Slink doesn't install Hamm's X!!!)

>>When I  startx
>>[...] open default font fixed
>>[...] no screens found
>
>Assuming you have installed X properly:
>
>You have to provide XFree86 with a _sane_ config file in
>/etc/X11/XF86Config.
>
>Read the documentation for XF86Config (man XF86Config), and then copy the
>sample file you have somewhere on your harddrive to /etc/X11/
>and edit it to your likings.
>
>'updatedb' (takes a while)
>'locate XF86Config.eg' or possibly 'locate XF86Config'
>'vi /etc/X11/XF86Config'

 I've not installed xfontbase xfnt100 xfont75....!!!!!!!
When I dpkg -l | more and I found!!!
And I remember someone say somewhere on his page that slink installs
 X not like hamm does.
And I install my debian with slink base and binary from hamm!!!
After I installed xfntbase,xfont75,xfont100 from hamm ('cos I
have only hamm-CD!!!) then I xinit then I can see X-window!!!

But.....the color is B&W(not black and white but Blue and White
like G3-Mac :-/ )

This may be able to fix even "newbie" like me...

Naoki Kobayashi (ntsu9121@dd.catv.ne.jp)