Re: Poor quality of Debian/m68k CD image..?

Moin Franky,
On Thu, 17 Jun 1999, Frank Neumann wrote:

> I've been out of the Debian (m68k) development for quite a while now, but
> I decided to go to the Linuxtag in Kaiserslautern, Germany from Jun 25th
> to 27th, and want to demonstrate Debian on my rusty Amiga there.
> Now, in order to catch up a bit with recent development, I got ahold
> of the official Debian/m68k CD image(s) from one of the mirrors
> (sunsite.auc.dk:/pub/os/linux/debian-cdimage/2.1_r0/m68k) from March 7th.
March 7th? That must be a test release... From debian/News:
Exactly on the revised schedule, at 00:00 GMT, March 9, Debian 2.1
(codenamed slink) was released.

> I burnt a CD with this image and checked out a couple of files - and, uhmm..
> well, I'm a bit disappointed. First, it is a 650 MB image, but when mounted,
> has got just 226 MB worth of data. Why? Well, the whole binary-all
> directory branch is empty. Why's that? Intentional omission?
Hmm, I only have some test images at home not the final release. Something
like a day before the release or so (I remember I burned the image late
sunday night...). But the images are working fine, I did a complete install
with them. The only trouble I have is that the two images were mastered on
different days (I downloaded them on different days...) so that I have some
problems installing with apt/multi-cd or whatever. But selecting with
dselect and installing "by_hand" with dpkg -iGROEB works fine.

Ciao,
Christian.
--
http://www.kieler-woche.de/