Re: slink_cd: still waiting on final boot/install setup

On Feb 23, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> I've been sent docs and I know there are sets of boot disks with the m68k
> people, but there's still no slink_cd support for them yet.

At the moment, I have constructed a /install tree for m68k; I will
hack together a script that takes disks-m68k/current and turns it into
the install tree.

The boot support is fairly straightforward: CD#1 needs '-b
install/bvme6000/resc1440.bin -c install/bvme6000/boot.catalog';
that's the only disc that needs to be bootable.

I've also put together an m68k-tools directory including gzip and tar
for Amigas and Ataris (I couldn't find anything reasonably free for
Macs).  I can tar that up and put it somewhere for people to deal
with, along with the longer m68k README file.

Bug me if this stuff isn't done by Thursday.  I've got a crapload of
(non-Debian) stuff to do in the next 24 hours then I can devote my
time to getting the images into a working state.

Chris
|        Chris Lawrence       |  You have a computer.  Do you have Linux?   |
|   <quango@watervalley.net>  |    http://www.linux-m68k.org/index.html     |
|   Grad Student, Pol. Sci.   |   Visit the Lurker's Guide to Babylon 5:    |
|  University of Mississippi  |   <*> http://www.midwinter.com/lurk/ <*>    |