Re: resc1440mvme167.bin broken install.sh

Hi,

> > second floppy drive. I've attached the original patch, Michael could you
> > check that it has been applied to your working boot-floppies sources.
> >

> I've just tried to install using the resc1440bvme6000-2.1.6-m68k from
> Incoming dated 22/2/99 and it appears as though the floppy patch was not
> applied :-(. Sorry Michael, we need yet another rebuild.

I've never even seen that patch, so no surprise there.

> Not only is that patch missing but so are some other critical NFSROOT
> patches I sent, that stop libfdisk seg faulting during install. If they're
> needed I'll try and find them when I get home tonight.

Please resend them. I'm sure I applied patches from you before but I may
have missed those. I've not seen any differences in libfdisk between my
2.1.6 and 2.1.7-990217 but there's one candidate in select_not_mounted.c
in dinstall.

> Are going to release with 2.1.6 or are we going to keep in step with
> everyone else? 2.1.8 should be out today.

I'm going to try 2.1.whatever as soon as I have a working 2.1.6 we can use
for release in case 2.1.x isn't going anywhere. With your new bug report,
2.1.6 may well be the final m68k release.