Initial booting problems with Debian/Amiga

Hi,
maybe some of you know this problem (and how to fix it :-) already.
After I installed Debian on my Amiga 3000, which was easy and smooth, I
came to the point where I had to reboot my machine. Once back in AmigaOS
I used amiboot to boot up Linux (using "amiboot-5.6 -k linuxamiga
root=/dev/sda2 ro" and "rw", too). It does switch to Linux and prints
out the booting messages, as far as I know everything is detected, that
is: Amiga hardware, SCSI controller, SCSI hardisk and CD, but then it
stops and prints out "Unable to open initial console".
That's it ! I'm forced to press amiga-ctrl-ctrl to reboot my Amiga. One
thing I noticed is, that during the installation the file system (used
for the ram disk ?) is the minix filesystem, however, when I boot into
linux the root filesystem is of the type AFFS. Is this correct ?
I reviewed the last six month of this mailing list, but could not find
any related mails.

Sitting in silence I wait for help,

Henrik