Re: Installing (or rather trying)on an Amiga

At 04:35 PM 2/9/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Kevin & Tracy wrote:
>>
>> Well, I've dug my old Amiga 3000 from the closet with the purpose of making
>> it a lynix box but I'm having problems with the install.  I'm runnning
>> "startinstall" and following the instructions by Frank Neumann.  The
>> "script" seems to run ok...it unpacks the kernel ok and reboots the
>> machine.  When the machine comes back up and starts spitting out debugging
>> stuff and then hangs.  The drive light stays on and the machine is gone.
>
>Please post the kernel messages you got.
>
>	Michael

There's lots and most of it looks normal but here are the highlights...

The install routine, before the system reboots, the installer lists system
identification stuff:

Resource 'draco.resource' : not present
chipset: ECS
Module 'Magic 36.7': not present
Module 'kickad 36.57': not present
Module '03000 Bonus': not present
Module '0300 bonus': 0x00f864f8

(this looks bad)^
Then it shows the memory (1 block) and chipmem (2megs), kernel entry and
ramdisk stuff.

After the reboot lots of stuff shoots by but it shows that it's starting
kswapd v 1.4.2.2
Finds my non-working floppy with:

found <5>fd: drive 0 didn't identify, setting default ffffffff
fd0
md driver 0.35 MAX_MD_DEV=4 MAX_REAL=8
wd33c93-0: chip WD33c93A/0 no_sync=0xff no_dma=0 debug_flags=0x00
           setup_args=,,,,,,,,,,
           Version 1.25 - 09/Jul/1997,compiled Jul 16 1998 at 17:13:43
scsi0 : Amiga 3000 built-in SCSI
scsi : 1 host.
 sending SDTR 0103010000sync_xfer=00  Vendor: QUANTUM   Model:
FIREBALL_TM1280S
Rev: 300X
 Type:   Direct-Access
Detected scsi disk sda at scsi0, channel 0, id 2, lun 0
 sending SDTR 0103010000sync_xfer=00  Vender: QUANTUM   Model:
FIREBALL_TM1280S
 Rev:  300X
   Type:   Direct-access
Detected scsi disk sdb at scsi0, channel 0, id 4, lun 0
scsi : detected 2 SCSI disks total.

At this point the hard drive light comes on solid and that's it.  gone gone
gone gone.

Thanks again, in advance for your help.

 -kevin