Installing (or rather trying)on an Amiga

Hi all,

Well, I've dug my old Amiga 3000 from the closet with the purpose of making
it a lynix box but I'm having problems with the install.  I'm runnning
"startinstall" and following the instructions by Frank Neumann.  The
"script" seems to run ok...it unpacks the kernel ok and reboots the
machine.  When the machine comes back up and starts spitting out debugging
stuff and then hangs.  The drive light stays on and the machine is gone.

Having only installed Lynix (Slackware) once before on an "intel" machine
I'm pretty much a newbie.  Any suggestions anyone could offer would surley
be appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

 -Kevin