Re: NEWS for debian-boot

On Jan 18, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> > > The boot-floppies archives will all create a ./debian/ directory
> > > with booter, kernel, sysmap, ramdisk and the rescue and drivers
> > > image in them. Just rename that to amiga/atari/mac and you're
> > > set. For Mac, only the booter and preferences need to reside on a
> > > HFS type fs.
> >
> > OK.  I think the mkhybrid stuff makes the entire disc readable as HFS
> > for Macs and ISO9660/RockRidge for everyone else.  But I'll
>
> As long as mkhybrid has a way to write MacBinary or BinHex files to the
> HFS view of the fs and convert them in the process, fine. What disk names
> are possible for ISO, i.e. can we use "Debian/68k 2.1" ??

I think the / would break on Amigas (it's the directory separator);
maybe "Debian_m68k 2.1" or "DebianM68k 2.1"?

> > I dunno when this will be ready for testing... I'm currently trying to
> > get the entire binary-m68k tree sucked down my 56k modem overnights
> > using rsync; I'm currently most of the way through libs.  Hopefully
> > I'll be ready to burn a CD or two (I'm guessing that I'll need two for
> > all of the m68k packages) by the end of the week at the latest.
>
> We just need to make sure the install and main stuff fits on one CD. Do you
> think that can be done ??

I don't know if /all/ of main will fit on one CD on m68k.  I'll try my
damnedest though.  My guess is that a lot of the docs packages could
be pushed onto a second (read non-essential) CD.  I've already saved
about ~20M by throwing off the useless kernel-source packages for
versions other than 2.0.33.  BUT I can't say anything definite until I
have everything here...

Chris
|        Chris Lawrence         |               My home page:               |
|   <quango@watervalley.net>    |     http://www.clark.net/pub/lawrencc/    |
|     Amiga A4000/060 with      |    Join the party that opposed the CDA    |
|      Linux/m68k 2.1.127       |             http://www.lp.org/            |