Amiga 2000 / german keyboard problems

Hi, there !!!

I managed to install Debian 2.0 on a german Amiga 2000.

The annoying problem I have for the moment is that some keys don´t work
The behavior is even different depending on whether I use the consol or
an xterm
running bash 2.0.

When using the consol the german Umlaute don´t work but
the at-sign and the back space keys work.

Once I start up X the at-sign and back space keys don´t work anymore

I tried reading a HOWTO dealing with consol and keboard issues but I
couldn´t find
a solution for the problem.

I´m not very experienced Linux user yet, so could someone help me please