Re: Debian install troubles

Alpaca2500@aol.com wrote:
> I have a similar problem. Quadra 610, 12MB ram, 250 + 150 MB hard drives,
> when i run the booter with the kernel called LINUX that came with debian
> install (i dont know what version).  im sure i partitioned my drive correctly
> using apple hd setup, but
> when it gets to the part "partition check"  it just stops, and after a while
> it gives a warning message something like "live block not respondin to
> selection"  Any help with this?

I suspect you're using an obsolete version of the boot floppy, with a
kernel
that doesn't support SCSI on the 610. From what I recall, the latest
kernel
does work on the 610. Please report the kernel build date (that's in the
boot log,
in the line reporting the kernel version) so I can see if that's the
case.