Debian 2.0 on Amiga

Finally I installed Debian 2.0 on my Amiga. I really needed that, my
installation dated back to 1994. During the years it was `enhanced' with many
packages, some manually compiled, others from Debian or Red Hat. Although it
served as mail, www and secondary dns server, many mysterious things were
broken due to the mixture of libc5 and libc6 it had become.

Debian 2.0 installed fine (but slow, due to my old '040).  Thank you guys, you
did a great job!

Miscellaneous comments:

  - Installation Guide: `Configure the Network' comes before `Install the Base
    System', not after it.

  - Of course my hardware clock runs in GMT :-) You can use the `unixclock'
    utility under AmigaOS. And previously I didn't run MS-DOS...

  - /etc/init.d/network: to be compatible with 2.1.x, you need to add the
    netmask and device for `route add -net', e.g.

	route add -net 127.0.0.0 netmask 255.0.0.0 dev lo

  - Where's the zorroutils .deb package? :-)

Greetings,

						Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven                     Geert.Uytterhoeven@cs.kuleuven.ac.be