Re: Debian 2.0 on Amiga

> 	- Installation Guide: `Configure the Network' comes before `Install the Base
> 	  System', not after it.

The network can be used already during installation (e.g. fetching
packages via FTP or NFS), so it is needed before the base system.

> 	- Of course my hardware clock runs in GMT :-) You can use the `unixclock'
> 	  utility under AmigaOS. And previously I didn't run MS-DOS...

You have to admit that this is rather unusual :-) The installation
is for the more common case... But you can change it easily by editing
/etc/default/rcS, setting the variable GMT to "-u".

> 	- /etc/init.d/network: to be compatible with 2.1.x, you need to add the
> 	  netmask and device for `route add -net', e.g.
>
> 	  route add -net 127.0.0.0 netmask 255.0.0.0 dev lo

Debian is based on 2.0 kernels, so this is no real bug. But you're
right that it doesn't cost nothing to add the -net, and I'd consider
it a wishlist bug. (/etc/init.d/network and thus the bug report
belongs to the sysvinit package).

> 	- Where's the zorroutils .deb package? :-)

Ask Franky, or package it yourself :-)

Roman