CV64 support

Hello,

I've just installed Debian 2.0 on my Amiga 4000 and now I am wondering about
the CV64 support.

First, I'd like to have a console on the gfx-board. Unfortunately, it only
works when I:

1. Change the screenmode with Workbench's ScreenModePrefs to 640x480-8
(CV64)
2. amiboot-5.6 -v -k linuxamiga root=/dev/sda6 ro video=cyber:640x480-8

all other combinations (like video=cyber:1024x768-8 while having 1024x768
screen open) just give me garbled display. What's more, even in 640x480-8
mode, inverse text is shown wrong - without the inverse actually.

And when it comes to X - it starts perfectly on AGA, but being used to
NetBSD's cyber:1024x768-16, I wanted something more. Unfortunately, after
16h
of reading FAQ's, install-manuals and doc files, consulting ppl on IRC,
wading thru zillions of Web pages containing m68k and Debian in them I am
still more or less where I left off - that is on a 640x480 8-bit AGA screen.

Would please a helpful soul give me some precise pointers as to what and
where should I read (or better yet, what to do/download) to be able to use
my CV64 in X?

Thanks in advance,
Milek
--