Re: fdisk problem and general errors with installation

"Eric H. Majzoub" <ehm@howdy.wustl.edu> writes:

> I don't understand.  I did reboot after I saved the changes under fdisk,
> and when I remounted the partitions, they had the sizes of the PC

Then the partition tables weren't saved. Strange. Well, partition
under AmigaOS, that works. Then change the filesystem types under
linux, that works too. :)

> partitions I had originally created.  I'm not really concerned with this
> right now though, my outstanding problem is getting X to work.  I still
> have the entire archive in the form of .deb files that I can re-install.
> Could you give me a list of the bare essential files that are needed for
> X-windows?  I'll try reinstalling them and give it another go...

xbase, xserver-fbdev, xfntbase, xfnt75. Anything they depend on
(dselect or dpkg will tell you if somethings missing).

May the Source be with you.
			Mrvn