Re: fdisk problem and general errors with installation

On 16 Jul 1998, Brederlow wrote:

> That will install a Amiga RDB on the drive, so your PC style
> partitions are lost (but not updated until reboot).
>

> > hdb1.........150Meg
> > hdb2.........1350Meg
> > hdb3.........500Meg
> >
> > These changes were saved to the drive with the w command.
> > If I now mount the partitions, they come up with the old sizes, 1Gig,
> > 500M, 500M.  I don't know what this means.  Are there two different
> > partition tables on this disk somehow?
>
> As it says there on the screen, REBOOT.
>

> May the Source be with you.
> 			Mrvn

I don't understand.  I did reboot after I saved the changes under fdisk,
and when I remounted the partitions, they had the sizes of the PC
partitions I had originally created.  I'm not really concerned with this
right now though, my outstanding problem is getting X to work.  I still
have the entire archive in the form of .deb files that I can re-install.
Could you give me a list of the bare essential files that are needed for
X-windows?  I'll try reinstalling them and give it another go...

Thanks,
Eric
Ever closer :)