Re: New dpkg: --force-overwrite is no longer on by default

Hi James,

>> gettextize -f: command not found.
>>
>> Would you kindly explain what I need to install in order to
>> successfully compile dpkg, so I can work on the Mac HFS trouble?
>
>get dpkg-1.4.0.21.tar.gz from project/experimental.  Compile by
>running debian/rules build.  (That should work okay, and doesn't
>require gettext, autoconf, automake, and lout (most important, since
>lout doesn't work on m68k.)  sudo debian/rules binary-arch to build

I believe I've got gettext, automake and autoconf ... what's the problem with
lout on m68k (and more important: why does the dpkg build depend on something
that's not available for all architectures? But that's a rather philosophical
question).

>the deb; unfortunately this is broken and requires you to cp various
>files from the top level to debian/tmp/something, as directed by the
>error messages.  Apart from that it should work.
>
>If that's not enough detail, yell.

That's enough, thanks. It's precisely the same as I had last time (and I gave
up because I couldn't find a way to fix the 'missing archtable.h' in the
makefile).

I'll try again once X with the Mac fix has finished building ...