Re: autobuilds...

> raidtools needs 2.1 includes (thx joey) but failed anyway
> autoconf??
>
> /usr/src/linux/include/linux/config.h:4: linux/autoconf.h: No such file or
> directory

This means you haven't run 'make config' in your Linux source tree.

> /usr/src/linux/include/linux/time.h:30: warning: D_SET' redefined
> /usr/include/sys/select.h:60: warning: this is the location of the previous
> definition

Seems the source isn't really libc6-ready :-) But the redefinitions
are harmless as long as they're equal.

> emacs20 need root, debian/fix-info-files is not executable... I
> completed the package by hand, how I hate this...
[...]
> to sumarize: why do I have so often problems with not executable
> files? after a longs days build, the package breaks with "permission
> denied" I had this now for xfree, emacs20, kbd. Its especially
> annoying for the big packages. Have I set up something wrong or are
> all the "big one" buggy?

You can report those "not executable" things as bugs. AFAICR, the
packaging manual explicitly states that the debian directory may not
contain executables files except debian/rules.

The reason for this: Files in debian/ are created from the .diff.gz
file by patch, and patch can't set file modes (it uses 0666 & ~mask).
So you can't represent the file mode in the Debian source format for
files added by the Debian patch. dpkg-source only knows about the
exception debian/rules and changes its mode itself. Those executable
files only work in the source tree of the maintainer :-) If they would
try to unpack their generated source, they would see :-) But, of
course, it would be better if dpkg-source -b would check for this...

> Had another look in gdb. I did find a m68k-[something]-linux-gnuaout
> or similar. We don't want this one, do we?

No.

> I didn't see anything in config that had both m68k and linux in the
> name except the aout one...

That would be very strange. I'll have a look into the source today if
I find some spare minutes between reading my mail :-)