Re: compiling debian packages ...

luther@skyinet.net writes:

> Hello,
>
> after two harddisk crash, and struggling with some deffective RAMs, i have finlly a running debian-m68k system.
>
> i would want now to help in the effort of compiling debian packages, can someone give me some help in getting started in that, and what to do with the packages after i compiled them ...

Try

cd <somewhere where you have space>
dpkg-source -x package.dsc
cd package
dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc

That should work for all packages, but fails on several. The reason is
often that you are missing some package-dev package or that some
helper programms are to old. You should have an uptodate system before
you start.

> my first try was libpthread, who is now libc6 and a newer version, i installed the sources, made the diffs, run dpkg-build ( is that the correct way of doing things, in the new packager pages of www.debian.org they spoke of just build, but that don't work) but i get some errors in the way, so i don't followed the idea.
>
> can someone recommend me a known good package that is supposed to compile nicely without additional changes for a first try.

Have a go at hello world. I think thats the simpelst one.

May the Source be with you.
			Mrvn