As we prepare growing the team...

Hi all

TLDR; This is tough, we need good communications, but we need to also
work to reduce useless continuous discussion. Share everything.

Learning from the past, this is how I suggest we could do things in
future. I hope this is stating the obvious, but we've already slipped
up on this so it bears reiteration. (I know I have and I'm very
sorry).

 * When we speak to someone who may be interested in joining the team,
especially when they have a defined skillset and hence may by default
want to take a more individual approach to the task(s) they'd be
involved in, please email the team introducing this person, your
expectations of their involvement, and if relevant the background of
your relationship, to put things in context. This is to put everyone
on the same page to help get to know new teammates and where they're
coming from ideologically.

 * When we brief someone on the Debian project, and DebConf, please
try to inform everyone on when you're briefing them, be it over email,
IRC, or in person. It won't always be possible to have everyone come
along or join in, and based on the history of the working relationship
or friendship or whatever, this may already be a fuzzy situation. But
just so we all know.

 * Save every little piece of work that you do on DebConf somewhere
accessible, preferably git. Save it there from the very beginning,
from the idea stage.

 * When you think something is missing, or you have even the most
vague discomfort, please talk about it, with anyone you feel
comfortable on e.g. IRC, or via email to the whole team. Keeping the
timeline up to date, using previous DebConfs to guide it, should help
a lot with this.

 * Please bear in mind that we have to compromise between everyone
being involved in everything all of the time and implementing things
on time. Having interim deadlines included on the timeline will help
with keeping things on time.

best regards
Bernelle