Introduction and offer to help

Hi everyone,

I'd like to shortly introduce myself, as I would like to offer to help with the organization of the next DebConf.

I am a DD since 2007 and moved to Heidelberg about a year ago. (I've not been very active lately, unfortunately.) I was not aware that the next DebConf will be in Heidelberg until very rentently¹. Marga approached me when she got to know that there is a DD living in Heidelberg and I already offered help then, but now I want to make it "official". She also was so kind to give me information about where to help but I still have some catching up to do.

I will attend today's IRC meeting. I'm also aware of the meeting on 18th and try to get time off from work in order to attend. I don't know about details yet but I guess I can get those from the archive. My local contacts are not that good but I am a university member (by contract, at least). Maybe this helps.

The agenda indicates that there has been some trouble contacting the organizers of CCCamp (and FrOSCon). I'm well connected with those. If this is still an issue, we should talk about it in the meeting.

I'm usually not idling in IRC much but try to improve this, as this is the preferred form of communication (as I heared).²

As I'm still not quite on track, feel free to though stuff at me where (local) help is needed!

Best,

  Manuel

--
¹ Through non-Debian channels first. And then via the announcement after DebConf 14. ² In general, it's OK to call me, especially things that are short notice. My phone number is listed on db.debian.org.