Role of the "poker" or "pinger"

Hi,

One of the items in the agenda for tomorrow is to decide who will
start acting as "poker" (maybe we can find a better word for it).

This is a proposal that I already made during DC14 and got very good reception:

This would be a person that is in charge of pinging people ahead of
deadlines and asking how the work is going, if they need help, if they
will make the deadline, etc.

This person doesn't need to be too much involved in Debian, or know
everybody that they will ping, but rather, they need to be well aware
of the different deadlines that we will have throughout the
conference, and use some people-skills to make sure that everyone
meets the deadlines or that if they can't make them, they ask for help
on time.

Also, as much as possible, this person shouldn't have other tasks, the
pinging task is already quite some work, and if they have other tasks,
who's going to make sure they get to them on time? :)

We had this on DC8 and it was instrumental to our success as a
conference.  The person picked had not been involved in Debian before,
but she was great at doing the right pinging for everyone involved,
making sure we didn't forget about the things that we had agreed that
we should do.

We would like to appoint someone for this role tomorrow, so if you are
interested, please speak up :)

--
Besos,
Marga