Re: Venue status

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 10:30 PM, martin f krafft <madduck@debconf.org> wrote:
> For those people who need to pay their room&board, front desk sends
> them over to the youth hostel counter, where they pay and receive
> their key and welcome bundle (incl. badge and invoice).
>
> Sponsored people, or those who don't have to pay anything because
> they are staying elsewhere, receive their welcome bundle (incl. key
> and badge) from front desk.

The split of the welcome bundle creates more work for everyone. I
don't think this is something that saves us much. We will need to
prepare the welcome bundles of the non-sponsored attendees in advance,
and give them clearly identified to the hostel.

In the past years, FD has switch from having the welcome packs
pre-packed and ready to be given out, to creating them on-demand. This
has been evaluated to give better results overall.

I'm fine with non-sponsored people paying to the hostel and receiving
keys or whatever from the hostel, but the welcome bundle (as in
t-shirt, magazines, whatever) is better handled together with
sponsored attendees.

--
Besos,
Marga