Re: Venue status

also sprach martin f krafft <madduck@debconf.org> [2014-06-23 17:01 +0200]:
> 2. […] People arrive at the hostel, pay their room&board and the
>    optional conference contribution, and then get their room key
>    and welcome package (incl. invoice) from the youth hostel.
>    Sponsored attendees come to our front desk and get the key and
>    package there (to avoid paying the 5 €/person when there is no
>    invoicing happening).

To clarify:

There will be our front desk ("front desk", "FD") and the "youth
hostel counter".

Front desk is the right place to go for anyone.

For those people who need to pay their room&board, front desk sends
them over to the youth hostel counter, where they pay and receive
their key and welcome bundle (incl. badge and invoice).

Sponsored people, or those who don't have to pay anything because
they are staying elsewhere, receive their welcome bundle (incl. key
and badge) from front desk.

Using per-attendee pre-info PDFs that we send a few days in advance,
we can alleviate the rush at front desk by ushering paying attendees
to the youth hostel counter directly.

But if they don't have the PDF or forget, they can go to front desk
anyway.

The pre-info PDFs include information how to get there, contact
phone numbers, information about what to do on arrival (e.g. "pay at
youth hostel counter"), and data about meals and room allocation
etc.

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`
  `-  DebConf14: Portland, OR, USA:   http://debconf14.debconf.org