Venue status

Quick update on the youth hostel. There's a new contract which I've
place on the wiki¹. Please have a look if you can spare the time
because now is the time to negotiate changes.

¹) https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf15/Germany/HD_contract

The new stuff is in § 4 (C&W party) and § 6 (check-in/invoicing),
but it's always good to re-read it all just in case we overlooked
something.

Please update the wiki with questions or notes you might have.

Here's the summary of the recent negotations:

1. The cheese and wine party can officially take place. We must free
   the youth hostel of any liability claims, and that any remaining
   cheese must be thrown out after the party (due to health/hygienic
   concerns).

   For the provisioning of plates, cutlery, glasses, and due to the
   additional trash, they want to charge 2,50 €/person. I don't
   think this is unreasonable, especially considering that they'll
   provide a fridge.

   → this would be a good low-end sponsorship possibility, e.g.
   costs for 200 people: 500 €; price to be the C&W-sponsor: 1000 €
   or whatever.

2. The youth hostel will handle check-ins and invoicing for us at
   a price of 5 €/person. People arrive at the hostel, pay their
   room&board and the optional conference contribution, and then get
   their room key and welcome package (incl. invoice) from the youth
   hostel. Sponsored attendees come to our front desk and get the
   key and package there (to avoid paying the 5 €/person when there
   is no invoicing happening).

   This is great for us as we don't have to handle international
   payments, chase people, convert currencies, etc.. Furthermore,
   whatever the youth hostel takes in directly doesn't need to go
   through our budget, which simplifies our tax situation. Finally,
   the 5 € charges can be passed onto the attendee…

Cheerio for now,

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@debconf.org>
: :'  :  DebConf orga team