Re: Level of displaying sponsorship

> We would need to communicate this _clearly_. IMO, the type of person
> who buys the right to speak in front of a few hundred people is the
> type of person who wants to spend a lot of time hearing themselves
> talk.

I think this is an oversimplification, but of course, we'd need to
keep this under control. I did write "raise your glass and say a few
words".

> > About C&W: that's 2,50/person, so 1000 € with 250 people
> > attending. This does *not* mean we sell it to the sponsor for
> > € 1000. We could ask for € 2000, you know…
>
> I thought we could only do direct sponsorship (i.e. not through
> us) for tax reasons?

Yeah, those 2.000 would be invoiced by the youth hostel and credited
to our total.

> > Users. If e.g. Google gives out Nexus, they get buzz at the
> > conference.
>
> I know DC13 raffled off those dev units and that was well
> received. But as they basically told us "here's a root shell, play
> with it" before, this kinda came natural. If things are forced, it
> might be a bit over the top.

How is what I am proposing forcing? There's a morning session, every
day, and those who attend have a chance to win.

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@debconf.org>
: :'  :  DebConf orga team