Re: [Debconf-team] Request to Adjust Budget for Social Events

Hi

Patty Langasek <harmoney@dodds.net> writes:
> Bottom line, I'd like to transfer another $1500 to the conference dinner
> budget, bringing the conference dinner budget from $9900 to $11400 USD.  I
> request the funds to come from the daytrip budget excess, which would take
> that down to $3474 USD.
>
> In reviewing the budget and the current status of the daytrip planning, this
> change will not affect the trip as planned, and will give us an enjoyable
> conference dinner.

If the remaining amount is enough for the daytrip reallocating this
looks fine to me.

> The proposal for the conference dinner:
>
> Punch Bowl Social - Portland[0]
>
> * Food would be a buffet-style "Taco Truck" with vegan,
>   vegetarian and meat options.
>
> * Entertainment provided will be bowling (with complimentary
>   bowling shoes as a non-profit organization!), floor
>   shuffleboard, ping pong, karaoke and darts.
>
> * My padding this time gives us the option of giving each
>   attendee a single drink ticket (for beer or wine), and
>   the bars will be available for further purchase of mixed
>   drinks and more beer/wine.  I can also, if the team thinks
>   it's appropriate, approach a couple of our sponsors who
>   have previously indicated interest in providing drinks
>   for attendees.

Having a sponsor pay for this looks like the best option. This would
also leave a bit of reserve money on the daytrip budget just in case
something turns out to be more expensive there.

Overall I agree that your proposal looks like a nice "conference
dinner".

Gaudenz