Re: signage

On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 10:46:39PM -0700, Matto Marjanovic wrote:
> Hi, Team DC14,

> I am trying to achieve clarity on our signage requirements.  Inward
> reflection has only taken me so far, so now I appeal to the sum of
> our parts.

> First, a question:  where is the Front Desk going to be?  (The wiki
> tells me at Broadway residence hall --- but where there?)

FYI I've just corrected this in the wiki.  The front desk will /not/ be at
the Broadway building, it will be at SMSU.

>  And...  what does the Front Desk look like?

A long folding table with people sitting behind it, and lots of Debian
swirls with arrows pointing at it ;)

<snip most of this, which I have no input on>

>   * 1 data center
>     * Does Data Center get any signs?

No.

>   * 1 front desk
>     * (Keep in mind that I have no idea what a DebConf front desk looks like.)
>     * How about two 36Hx24W signs flanking the front desk?
>       * One says "Welcome to Portland".
>       * Other says "Front Desk".
>     * Front desk signage gets INTEL as well as the gold-level sponsor logos.

Note that the precise wording in the sponsorship brochure, for gold sponsors
and above, is:

   Logo on banner in conference lobby

This implies that there will be a banner.  I don't think a 36"x24" sign
quite qualifies as a banner, do you.  Can we make a 36"x yay-long banner?
(I don't remember if your printer width was 24" or 36"?)

Cheers,