Re: Making plans for Hamburg's Mini-DebConf in May

* Louis-Philippe Véronneau <pollito@riseup.net> [2018-02-21 15:11:53 -0500]:

> Hi!
>
> A week ago, h01ger announced there would be a Mini-DebConf in Hamburg,
> Germany, from May 16th to May 20th. [1]
>
> From our latest meeting, both Tobi and Olasd were planning to go.

Yes, I'm planning to go. The easiest would likely be to centralize the hardware
in Paris, pack it in a car and drive to Hamburg. If I'm alone to drive I'll
make a stop on the way, if there's more than one of us we can probably share
the wheel and do it in one go.

> Is anyone else from the videoteam planning to be there? I think I can
> make it, but I would need to ask for a travel sponsorship.
>
> We should start thinking about the gear we need to bring and what needs
> to be rented.
>
> AFAIU, there will only be one talk room, so we could bring the exact
> same hardware we did at Cambridge [2].
>
> That means the only thing we would need the orga team to provide would be:
>
> * a PA system
> * microphone stands
> * ambient microphones (x2 preferably)

I think we have enough microphones that we can use as ambients in our kit.

It would be nice if we could get at least some of the microphones we're
intending to buy beforehand, even if they're not fully encased in their final
form: the current hardware works most of the time but it's really falling
apart, e.g. one of the headsets was a bit twitchy after two days of use at the
MiniDebConf in Cambridge. Of course this means finalizing the hardware choice
before then which might or might not be possible.

We should also get the mixer that's at Andy's place so we can use it.

Cheers,
--
Nicolas Dandrimont

BOFH excuse #359:
YOU HAVE AN I/O ERROR -> Incompetent Operator error