Re: [Debconf-video] Next Meeting - Debconf Approaches (Wednesday 24 May)

On 08/05/2017 03:01, Louis-Philippe Véronneau wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> nattie, pollo and I were speaking and we thought it is a good time for
>>> us to hold a meeting to start planning for Debconf17 as it is only 3
>>> months away. The proposed meeting is on
>>>
>>> Wednesday 24 May 2017 @ 18:00 UTC
>
> I'll be there for the meeting too but I'll also be in a university
> lecture at the same time so I won't be able to chair this meeting.

I'm happy to chair if need be

>>> Proposed agenda:
>>>
>>> * Logistics for DC17 (shipping, equipment, etc)
>>> * New Hardware [1]
>>> * Video Team Sprint
>>>
>>> [1] https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebConf/Video/VideoTeamDocs/NewVideoTeamHardware
>
> == Audio ==
>
> Looking quickly at that list, it looks like the audio part still needs a
> lot of work. I don't know how feasible buying audio gear this year is if
> RattusRattus does not pop up and help us with this soon :(
>
> I thus feel the easy way would be to rent the audio gear completely for
> this year and try to get our shit together for DC18 and buy our own gear.
>
> We could also rent SDI cables at the same time.
>
> This is really not something I want to have to do (since I'll clearly be
> the one dealing with this locally), but I think it's the only realistic
> option we have.

I also think that this may be the best way to go for this year, unless
we can organise a sprint in the next month or so with enough time to
purchase and have shipped the equipment.

> == Video ==
>
> One thing I really want us to buy this year is the video gear. We want
> to use Voctomix everywhere this year and scrap the old camcorders.
>
> From what I understand, we can either buy 4 new cameras and use the 2
> big ones we have or scrap everything and buy 6 new cameras. I don't feel
> competent to make that choice though.
>
> We'll also need 4 more black magic pci-e adapters.
>
> == Computers ==
>
> IIRC we now have 1 "cube" computer. We can use that for one of the 3
> video mixing stations we need. We can either buy 2 more and ship them,
> or try to get some locally.
>
> I've talked to lavamind and we might be able to source computers
> directly from the venue's IT dep, but nothing is sure there. We can get
> screens for sure.
>
> == Opsis ==
>
> I really have not followed what is happening with the opsis. I know we
> bought 1 Turbot but I don't recall what came out of that experiment.
> Should we buy 2 more?

According to the Hardware List wiki page, it worked well, though there
were still things to do such as mount it in a 1U case.

> We also had 1 borked opsis after DC16 and had to use tumbleweed's dev
> board. Has this been fixed?

[...]
>> = DebConf shipping =
>>
>> FYI my plane tickets are for the following dates:
>>
>>  - CDG 2017-07-28 13:35 UTC+02:00 -> MTL 2017-07-28 14:55 UTC-04:00 (AF344)
>>  - MTL 2017-08-13 22:05 UTC-04:00 -> CDG 2017-08-14 10:55 UTC+02:00 (AF349)
>>
>> (Arrival on Friday before DebCamp, departure on Sunday after DebConf)
>>
>> I'm okay with doing the "olasd shipping co." duties (doing the ATA
>> Carnet and carrying the stuff to/from the airports), as that's something
>> I have already done before and I know takes a bounded and reasonable
>> amount of time. Of course, I'd be happy if someone would find a shipping
>> company which handles temporary imports.
>
> Looks like FedEx might?
>
> http://www.fedex.com/ca_english/services/international/customsforms/tempimport.html
>
> http://www.fedex.com/ancillary/go/service/?pt=cl&lc=en_US&wcc=CA&dc=ca
>

>> Prices for e.g. https://www.afklcargo.com/ could be worth investigating,
>> but ENOTIME on my end.

I too unfortunately have no time to follow this up.