Re: [Debconf-video] A couple of petitions. Syncing subs files and consistency in video.debian.org

On Sat, Jul 30, 2016 at 09:39:02AM +0200, alberto fuentes wrote:
> > > Can I have the subtitles sync with debian-meetings?
> > what does this mean in practice, what needs to be done?
> manually erase any reminds of subs since the latest version with new name
> schema (mostly remove subtitles folders):

are you talking about debian-meetings or debian-meetings/debconf16 ?

>     find -name '*srt' and remove those folders
>
> copy files. Roughly:
>     git clone subtitles; cd subtitles; for i in */; do for j in $i*/; do cp
> $i$j/* ../$i$j/subs; done; done

I'd actually prefer a rsyncable location but this might work.

> Some doubts come to mind tho:
> - I wonder if there is a way for me to trigger this copy without bothering
> anybody

rather not

> - versioning of the subs files are implied on the file name. That means,
> every new version the file name changes and old version needs to be
> removed. I asking about the better way to fix this. Some rsync with
> -delete?

I wouldnt do this. The filename should stay the same, no matter the
version. You have git for versioning.