Re: [Debconf-video] A couple of petitions. Syncing subs files and consistency in video.debian.org

Wouter - run this on the 2016 data and if it looks right I'll gie you the 2014 file.

https://github.com/CarlFK/veyepar/blob/master/dj/scripts/gen_rss.py

On Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 3:06 PM, Wouter Verhelst <w@uter.be> wrote:
On Mon, Aug 01, 2016 at 08:05:56PM +0200, alberto fuentes wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 9:29 AM, Wouter Verhelst <w@uter.be> wrote:
>
>     On Sun, Jul 31, 2016 at 08:11:56PM +0200, alberto fuentes wrote:
>     > On Sun, Jul 31, 2016 at 7:47 PM, alberto fuentes <pajaro@gmail.com>
>     wrote:
>     >
>     >     Right now that cant be done.
>     >
>     >
>     > I just noticed a feed file for debconf16 [0]. This could also work. And a
>     feed
>     > of feeds at the root to find out new events all together
>
>     Right. That RSS file was generated by request of Petter Reinholdsen, who
>     wanted to have some easily-parseable metadata too, for other reasons.
>     Having a video RSS file turns the whole site into a sort of "video
>     podcast", which has benefits beyond your type of usage.
>

> This is great. Its the kind of thing I was looking for. Do you plan to generate
> this files for past events, even if not that complete (aka, even if they are
> without descriptions, titles) ? :)

I am planning to do this for the three other events that were reviewed
through veyepar (i.e., debconf 15, miniconf cambridge, and miniconf
vienna). The only thing that veyepar does not have, and which would
require some scripting, is the size (in bytes) of the individual video
files. It's not too hard; I'll look at it tomorrow when I also do the
subtitle thingies.

For older events, coming up with a similar file would be much more work.
It might be a good idea to discuss that during the meeting on
wednesday...?

--
< ron> I mean, the main *practical* problem with C++, is there's like a dozen
       people in the world who think they really understand all of its rules,