Re: [Debconf-video] both of the two full mirrors are down

Victor Martinez dijo [Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 11:34:16AM -0500]:
> I'm had the same idea time ago, why not host a mirror of Debian or
> something smaller and searching found this one:
> http://www.dreamhost.com/unlimited-policy/
>
> citing:
> "What’s not allowed in “Unlimited”?
>
> Basically, sites whose essential purpose is to use disk or bandwidth.
> (...)
> Here are some specific examples of things not allowed:
> Copyrighted content to which you do not hold usage or distribution rights.
> File upload / sharing / archive / backup / *mirroring* / distribution sites.

Oh. There. I was offering Holger precisely to have this in my
DreamHost site (and was about to start pulling the bits for
mirroring). Thanks for saving our time and frustration :(

> I was thinking hosting video archive is not something you can do on a 10USD
> month shared account, but Dreamhost uses Debian as infrastructure, maybe a
> more direct contact with them could negotiate a local deb mirror and|or
> video... I would be happy with any, also I tried to contact them for
> Debconf funding, but the only answer I got was that my mail was forwarded
> to the management, don't really do much follow up, but something can result
> from that, :D as I'm also hosting my personal sites on DH.

Well, DreamHost are moving away from Debian to Ubuntu, but still I
will contact them and ask explicitly whether it'd be OK, or if they
would like to offer this space.