Re: [Debconf-video] both of the two full mirrors are down

How about archive.org? Besides their well-known Wayback Machine, they also happen to have a huge video archive.

On Oct 16, 2013 12:34 PM, "Victor Martinez" <vicm3@blografia.net> wrote:

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 11:14 AM, Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> wrote:
Hi Gunnar,

On Mittwoch, 16. Oktober 2013, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> Ok. I am *almost* sure I can store this in my current Dreamhost plan —
> It would not be on machines under my administration, but it is space I
> am currently paying for, and not really using. Do you want to try?

I'm had the same idea time ago, why not host a mirror of Debian or something smaller and searching found this one:

citing:
"What’s not allowed in “Unlimited”?

Basically, sites whose essential purpose is to use disk or bandwidth.

When making a website, you should be thinking about “How can I make an interesting site for my visitors while minimizing my server storage, bandwidth, file system, memory, and cpu impact as much as possible?”

The result will be a better experience for your visitors, your web host, and yourself!

Here are some specific examples of things not allowed:
Copyrighted content to which you do not hold usage or distribution rights.
File upload / sharing / archive / backup / mirroring / distribution sites.
A site created primarily to drive traffic to another site.
Making your account resources available (whether for free or pay) to the general public."

Bold marking are mine.

I was thinking hosting video archive is not something you can do on a 10USD month shared account, but Dreamhost uses Debian as infrastructure, maybe a more direct contact with them could negotiate a local deb mirror and|or video... I would be happy with any, also I tried to contact them for Debconf funding, but the only answer I got was that my mail was forwarded to the management, don't really do much follow up, but something can result from that, :D as I'm also hosting my personal sites on DH.

Could be useful get in contact with http://mirrors.kernel.org/?

Regards.

--
The only constant is the change