Re: [Debconf-video] FOSDEM video coverage

On Sun, Dec 25, 2011 at 11:32:47AM -0600, Carl Karsten wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 25, 2011 at 2:09 AM, Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I volunteered to do the video coverage for FOSDEM in Brussels, early
> > february 2012. I've got mostly everything planned out, except for the
> > audio stuff -- this mostly being because I'm not very familiar with
> > audio, and I don't know what to look for. If someone on this list could
> > help me out a bit there, that'd be great.
> >
> > Now since I'll be doing five(!) rooms, I won't have the time to do a
> > very extensive set-up, so what I'm looking for is a fairly basic set-up,
> > nothing too complex. This is true for most of the setup, BTW -- I'll be
> > doing one camera in every room rather than 2, for instance, under the
> > idea 'we can always to more next year'.
> >
> > Additionally, if there are people on this list who'll be at FOSDEM and
> > who would be willing to man cameras and/or dvswitch stations for a few
> > sessions, that'd be great; I'm still a bit short on people ATM.
>
> Is there any budget to cover travel and logging?

Doubtful. That is, I suppose I can convince other people in the team
that it is necessary to get a non-speaker sponsored travel and lodging
if I tried everything else and I didn't get enough volunteers, but then
I suppose they'll push for me to try to do with less video next year or
something. I'd like to avoid that.

Having said that, I may be able to help people with getting cheap
lodging and/or getting them to Brussels by carpooling or some such.

> I have a few people in Europe that might be interested.

Please do forward my request to them.

the following formula:

pi zz a