Re: [Debconf-video] Announcing debian/watch, the Debian Miro Community

El dom, 13-02-2011 a las 02:05 -0200, Tiago Bortoletto Vaz escribió:
> Hi all,

Hi Tiago,

> With help of dc-video people I've just finished generating RSS feeds from
> penta data and published all Debconf(5-10) available videos to our new Miro
> Community page: http://debian.mirocommunity.org/

Congratulations ;-) (very interesting proposal and is great that Miro
Community Code [1] is licensed under the AGPL.)

> Soon I'll upload the feeds to dc-video repository. The process had to be semi-
> automated since I noticed some inconsistencies in penta which I'll point
> later.
>
> I've written the following description for this channel:
> http://debian.mirocommunity.org/about/ (english language fixes / suggestions
> are welcome!)
>
> Other nice Miro Community channels for reference:
>
> http://gnome.mirocommunity.org/
> http://ubuntu.mirocommunity.org/
>
> Next steps:
>
> * upload stuff (rss, thumbs(?), scripts) to dc-video repo
> * fix current penta database issues
> * use something like watch.debian.net to point to our miro website

Based on the FAQ [2] this is a premium feature, but this is not
implemented yet:

"UPDATE: Miro Community is transitioning to a new pricing structure.
Check back next week for a new and improved sign up page and designated
account levels. In the meantime, feel free to create a free site
(above)."

What's the plan to handle this?

> * announce debian/watch video channel in Debian News

Please send a draft to the publicity list [3] to announce it. ;-)

> * code penta to auto generate such feeds (thanks Ben for pointing me that
> there're already some scripts for this)
>
> enjoy,

Of course I enjoy it, I love to have now a feed for Debian related
videos :-)

Best Regards,

[1] https://git.participatoryculture.org/localtv
[2] http://www.mirocommunity.org/faq/#faq-domain