Re: [Debconf-video] Announcing debian/watch, the Debian Miro Community

Hi Fernando and Debian/watch folks,

We're hoping to get paid accounts set up in the next week - the custom domain feature will be available in the $15/month bracket. Your site admin will get notified as soon as this is in place.

Feel free to email me with any other questions, and thanks for using Miro Community!

Best,
Anne

Anne Jonas
Community Outreach Coordinator
Participatory Culture Foundation
http://www.mirocommunity.org/
anne@pculture.org

On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 2:14 PM, Fernando C. Estrada <fcestrada@fcestrada.com> wrote:
El dom, 13-02-2011 a las 02:05 -0200, Tiago Bortoletto Vaz escribió:
> Hi all,

Hi Tiago,

> With help of dc-video people I've just finished generating RSS feeds from
> penta data and published all Debconf(5-10) available videos to our new Miro
> Community page: http://debian.mirocommunity.org/

Congratulations ;-) (very interesting proposal and is great that Miro
Community Code [1] is licensed under the AGPL.)

> Soon I'll upload the feeds to dc-video repository. The process had to be semi-
> automated since I noticed some inconsistencies in penta which I'll point
> later.
>
> I've written the following description for this channel:
> http://debian.mirocommunity.org/about/ (english language fixes / suggestions
> are welcome!)
>
> Other nice Miro Community channels for reference:
>
> http://gnome.mirocommunity.org/
> http://ubuntu.mirocommunity.org/
>
> Next steps:
>
> * upload stuff (rss, thumbs(?), scripts) to dc-video repo
> * fix current penta database issues
> * use something like watch.debian.net to point to our miro website

Based on the FAQ [2] this is a premium feature, but this is not
implemented yet:

"UPDATE: Miro Community is transitioning to a new pricing structure.
Check back next week for a new and improved sign up page and designated
account levels. In the meantime, feel free to create a free site
(above)."

What's the plan to handle this?

> * announce debian/watch video channel in Debian News

Please send a draft to the publicity list [3] to announce it. ;-)

> * code penta to auto generate such feeds (thanks Ben for pointing me that
> there're already some scripts for this)
>
> enjoy,

Of course I enjoy it, I love to have now a feed for Debian related
videos :-)

Best Regards,

[1] https://git.participatoryculture.org/localtv
[2] http://www.mirocommunity.org/faq/#faq-domain