Re: [Debconf-video] Meeting today / software stuff

Hey,

On Tue, Jul 06, 2010 at 07:24:42PM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Dienstag, 6. Juli 2010, Tiago Bortoletto Vaz wrote:
> > I'm not sure I'll be able to attend our meeting today.
>
> Me neither :/
>
> > So, I ask you to
> > address the possibility of using the Testing suite for our software
> > structure in DC10. The reason is that backporting things from experimental
> > to stable has been a painful task with no success so far.
>
> I've been thinking about this and hope I have a sensible proposal how to
> implement this: we use snapshot.debian.org. That is, we install lenny,
> then run our customisation script from within d-i, after the installation.
> There the lenny sources.list entries are replaced with ones like the following
> and fai does it task as usual.
>
> deb http://snapshot.debian.org/archive/debian/20090612T214502Z/ squeeze main
> deb-src http://snapshot.debian.org/archive/debian/20090612T214502Z/ squeeze main
>
> I suggest to choose 4th of July as the date, or maybe 15th of July.
> But thats a minor detail :) We just need to agree on something.
>
> How does that sound?

Sounds great. I admit was thinking about how to avoid an eventual broken
Testing and forgot to consider snapshot.d.o - that's just perfect :)

I prefer to work on 4/July snapshot because I intend to build backports this
week so in that way I can use a chroot from this date.

Just to confirm, we're going to use amd64 only, right?

> (We need to install lenny and then upgrade to that squeeze snapshot, as
> installing with squeeze and then downgrading is not really supported.)
>

> As an compensation for probably not attending the meeting I hereby volunteer
> to implement this and provide working usb stick images until Sunday
> afternoon. I'll also do this (if this is the agreed plan) shall I attend ;-)

:) cheers,

  .''`.  Tiago Bortoletto Vaz                         GPG  :      1024D/A504FECA
 : :' :  http://tiagovaz.org                          XMPP : tiago at jabber.org
 `. `'   tiago at {tiagovaz,debian}.org               IRC  :       tiago at OFTC
   `-    Debian GNU/Linux - The Universal OS               http://www.debian.org