Re: [Debconf-video] [Debconf-team] DebConf10 - call for Location proposals

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 08:59:40PM +0200, Herman Robak wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 19:36:13 +0200, Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@gwolf.org> wrote:
> > Eric Dantan Rzewnicki dijo [Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 09:59:21AM -0500]:
> >> On this last point, I'm pretty sure I'm the only US video-team member.
> >> That said, since I live outside DC, NYC is much closer for me than any
> >> previous debconf locations. So, should NYC be selected I'll be glad to
> >> coordinate with the local team on arrangements for the needs of the
> >> video team.
> > Eric, now that you mention this point... Both the USA and Venezuela
> > (unless I'm mistaken about Venezuela) use the NTSC video standard. The
> > equipment the video team has is PAL,
>
>  Is it?  The laptops and dvswitch can handle either, and if I am not
> mistaken so can the Twinpact100 VGA-DV scanconverter.

correct

>  Most of the cameras have been borrowed locally so far, right?

Borrowed from attendees for dc7, rented for dc8 (though only after the
freely lent cameras that were promised fell through).

> > and I guess that renting PAL equipment for any needs we might have
> > on-site can be problematic (or even impossible).
>  In New York?  Judging by the ample stock of PAL equipment at
> B&H Photo, I doubt that is the case.  But PAL is more expensive.

Probably New York has a multitude of options for renting anything we
could desire. Though, I would imagine we wouldn't have trouble just
borrowing enough stuff for free. That is, if anyone outside the US
actually wants to come here.

> We should stick to one standard per Debconf, though.

Absolutely.

-Eric Rz.

believed to be clean.