Re: [Debconf-video] [Debconf-team] DebConf10 - call for Location proposals

On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 19:36:13 +0200, Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@gwolf.org> wrote:

> Eric Dantan Rzewnicki dijo [Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 09:59:21AM -0500]:
>> On this last point, I'm pretty sure I'm the only US video-team member.
>> That said, since I live outside DC, NYC is much closer for me than any
>> previous debconf locations. So, should NYC be selected I'll be glad to
>> coordinate with the local team on arrangements for the needs of the
>> video team.
>
> Eric, now that you mention this point... Both the USA and Venezuela
> (unless I'm mistaken about Venezuela) use the NTSC video standard. The
> equipment the video team has is PAL,

 Is it?  The laptops and dvswitch can handle either, and if I am not
mistaken so can the Twinpact100 VGA-DV scanconverter.

 Most of the cameras have been borrowed locally so far, right?

> and I guess that renting PAL equipment for any needs we might have
> on-site can be problematic (or even impossible).

 In New York?  Judging by the ample stock of PAL equipment at
B&H Photo, I doubt that is the case.  But PAL is more expensive.

We should stick to one standard per Debconf, though.

--
Herman Robak