Re: [Debconf-video] [Pkg-icecast-devel] backpor, ting icecast and?ezstream

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 01:12:33PM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wednesday 23 July 2008 08:33, Eric Dantan Rzewnicki wrote:
> > Forgot to ask, the dvswitch 0.7.1 etch packages you provided are using
> > libavcodec0d from etch. Jonas' provided packages give us a backported
> > libavcodec51. Would there be any benefit to having dvswitch packages for
> > etch built with that?
>
> I wonder if this is the reason why I couldnt get your stream display here.
> It worked with the dc7 packages back in EDI..

As Ben said on irc, probably not at all related as libavcodec is used by
dvswitch for decoding dv. It doesn't have anything to do with the theora
encoding/decoding side of things. For your issue the different
libtheora0 versions might possibly be suspect (but, shouldn't be an
issue)

My question to Ben was more about if dvswitch would benefit in any way
from the latter version of libavcodec.

-Eric Rz.

believed to be clean.