Re: [Debconf-video] [Pkg-icecast-devel] backporting icecast and ezstream

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 11:27:53PM +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-07-18 at 16:55 +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> <snip>
> > >
> > >You can link against library from bpo, but you need to be very carefull with
> > >the versions, since the build-dep resolver is, ahem..., complicated, and
> > >cannot be simulated beforehand...
> >
> > ...which means you don't really know what you've got:  Imagine
> > backporting ffmpeg, backporting some packages against that ffmpeg, and
> > then update the ffmpeg backport.  Is "binNMUs" then done automagically?
> <snip>
>
> No.  I did backport ffmpeg and ffmpeg2theora to sarge previously, though
> I hven't done so for etch.  I can have a go at that.

Ben, did you mean backporting to get it into bpo? Jonas has already
provided backports at his own site which we will probably move to our
own private dc8 repo. I'm testing with them now. So, if you don't have
the time to make them official, we'll most likely be ok for dc8.

Though it would of course be nice if others could benefit, if you have
the time. Plus, it would make Ganneff happier.

-Eric Rz.

believed to be clean.