Re: [Debconf-video] [Pkg-icecast-devel] backporting icecast and ezstream

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 01:25:21AM -0500, Eric Dantan Rzewnicki wrote:
> > > ...which means you don't really know what you've got:  Imagine
> > > backporting ffmpeg, backporting some packages against that ffmpeg, and
> > > then update the ffmpeg backport.  Is "binNMUs" then done automagically?
> > <snip>
> > No.  I did backport ffmpeg and ffmpeg2theora to sarge previously, though
> > I hven't done so for etch.  I can have a go at that.
>
> Ben, did you mean backporting to get it into bpo? Jonas has already
> provided backports at his own site which we will probably move to our
> own private dc8 repo. I'm testing with them now. So, if you don't have
> the time to make them official, we'll most likely be ok for dc8.
>
> Though it would of course be nice if others could benefit, if you have
> the time. Plus, it would make Ganneff happier.

Forgot to ask, the dvswitch 0.7.1 etch packages you provided are using
libavcodec0d from etch. Jonas' provided packages give us a backported
libavcodec51. Would there be any benefit to having dvswitch packages for
etch built with that?

-Eric Rz.

believed to be clean.